The Boys & Girls Club of Cochrane & Area has been supporting children, youth and families in Cochrane and the surrounding area for more than 25 years through our Out of School Care program, KinderCare program, Day & Summer Camps, Youth programs, Play Days Family Day Home Agency and community events. Great futures start at The Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane and Area for both children, youth and staff.
Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
BGCCA is seeking passionate, dedicated, energetic and creative team members for Part Time openings (Monday to Friday afternoons, 20-25 hours a week) in our Out of School Care Program. The ideal candidate will be driven by professionalism and the delivery of outstanding developmental and relationship-building activities to children. Alberta Child Development certification (L1-3) as per the Child Care Licensing Regulations is a requirement.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Committed team player and accountable for the team’s dynamic
• Strong relationship-building capabilities and outstanding communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
• Alberta Child Development certification
• Standard First Aid certification
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Experience in child program development & delivery of developmentally-appropriate activities
• Child supervision, safety monitoring and interaction with children at all times
• Able to uphold licensing and accreditation standards at all times and during all activities
• Snack preparation and serving in line with certification and H&S requirements
• Constructive and collaborate parent communication
• Program-related cleaning duties
• Ability to have fun and play!
The successful candidate must complete and provide a clean Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector check and Intervention Record check. Please submit your cover letter and resume to apply for this opportunity to Ana at email@example.com. We appreciate all applicants but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BGCCA values diversity and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a professional and engaging team atmosphere and a competitive benefits package.
"The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They put thought into their programming to engage the kids and have activities that include everyone. I feel very comfortable leaving my child with Boys and Girls Club!!"
Out-of-School Care Program
2018 Employer of the Year